Links to organizations offering seminars and other programs for teachers, students, and adults
- National Center for Constitutional Studies: On-site American history seminars at a very reasonable cost.
- Center for Constitutional Studies: Seminars and retreats for teachers, elected officials and the public. Also provides excellent teacher resources. (James Madison Estate)
- Williamsburg Foundation Teacher’s Institute: Unique opportunity to be instructed by the Colonial Williamsburg founders.
- Camp American: Week-long history- and civics-focused summer camp, held in Indiana for students and adults age 12 and older.
- Freedoms Foundation of Valley Forge: Workshops and seminars for youth, adults and teachers on history, the Constitution, the free market and more.
- Bill of Rights Institute and Constitutional Academy: Week-long annual Constitutional Academy in Washington DC as a follow-up for high school students who have participated in an on-line six week study.
- Hillsdale College Online Courses: Constitutional and American heritage courses at no cost, though donations welcome.
- Hillsdale College On-Site Seminars: Seminars held on the college campus in Michigan. Topics include American history, world history, economics, and literature.
- Congressional Academy for American History and Civics: 12-day program with side trips to Philadelphia and Gettysburg. For serious history and government high school students.
- Teaching American History: Institutes for teachers at Ashland University in Ohio, and a two week travel program for high school juniors in D.C.
- David Barton/Wallbuilders: Large array of documents and other resources on America’s founders and American history.
- Constituting America: Constitutional information, essay contests. Actress Janine Turner’s organization.
- Constitution Week: Gilbert, AZ celebrates the largest Constitution Week Celebration in the USA.
- Mt. Vernon: Large supply of teacher/parent resources in new museum. Also available online.
- Red Hill: Research material on Patrick Henry and his speeches, documents etc.
- Constitution for Kids: Constitutional information for elementary school children
- Kids.Gov: Government funded interactive history site for kids
- Liberty The American Revolution: Thomas Fleming activities and teacher resources
- Liberty Kids :games and activities based on book Liberty! The American Revolution
- School House Rock Videos great U-tube videos for younger kids.
- Being An American Contests Essay contest for students
- Madison’s Treasures Resource for James Madison’s life and works for adults and kids
- Words and Deeds in American History documents, quotes
- U.S. History Time lines: Great site for Timeliness in American History.
- Charters of Freedom: Declaration of Independence, Constitution, Bill of Rights, the making and impact of the charters
- Virginia Declaration of Rights (1776)
Northwest Ordinance (1787)
Federalist Papers (1787-1788)
George Washington's First Inaugural Address (1789)
George Washington's Farewell Address (1796)
Alien and Sedition Acts (1798)
- U.S. Citizenship Test: Can you pass the citizenship exsa? Test your knowledge.
- Providence Extension Program: Homeschool resources for 7th to 12th graders.
- Mars Hill Academy: Private school in Mason, OH offering classical education.
- Miami Valley Christian Academy: Private, non-denominational school in Newtown, OH.
- Ohio Department of Education: Includes database by school of proficiency test results, expenditures, teachers, students, school report card, related links, department news.
- Ohio Interactive Local Report Card: Part of the Ohio Dept. of Education, this site allows you to get reports on how your school district is performing.
- ODE: Revised Social Studies Standards: Part of the Ohio Dept. of Education, this site shows you the revised social studies standards from K-12.
- Homeschool Central Ohio: Local resources, support groups, test prep info and more.
- Ohio Alliance of Public Charter Schools: Non-profit, non-partisan membership organization dedicated to the enhancement and sustainability of quality charter schools through standards, values, best practices, business and financing resources and technical assistance programs.
- Alliance for School Choice: Resource for parents seeking school choice for their children.
National Support and Policy Organizations
- Center for Civic Education: Civic and citizenship education, law-related education, and international educational exchange programs.
- Cato Institute: Parent and child-centered education-related research and commentary.
- Homeschool Foundation: Help for homeschool groups. Assistance for needy families.
- Home School Legal Defense Association: Links to great information regarding advocacy, education issues and current legislation.
- National Association of Independent Schools: Information about admission and financial aid.
- American Textbook Council: Reviews of history textbooks and other educational materials.
- Education Consumers ClearingHouse: Online networking and information for parents, taxpayers, and policymakers.
- GreatSchools.net: Premier national provider of information about public, private and charter schools in all 50 states.